Editor’s note: The goal of The EBM Toolbox is to promote awareness of tools for facilitating EBM processes. It is brought to you by the EBM Tools Network, a voluntary alliance of tool users, developers, and training providers.
By Sarah Carr
The EBM Tools Network is very pleased to announce the release of a new online database at www.ebmtoolsdatabase.org. This new database is designed to help practitioners find resources for their EBM projects and share information about their own work with the broader EBM community. The database contains interlinked information on:
- Tools – including spatial planning tools, climate change adaptation tools, watershed models, marine ecosystem models, and many more;
- Projects – case studies of projects that have used tools;
- Resources – publications, toolkits, databases, and other resources related to EBM;
- Organizations – companies and other institutions providing assistance with EBM tools and projects; and
- Practitioners – professionals offering tools, resources, or other services to promote EBM.
Users are encouraged to contribute their own resources to the database by clicking on the “Add Information” link. Using and adding information to the database is free of charge. Help contribute to this important resource today by going to www.ebmtoolsdatabase.org. The database was developed by PlaceMatters and supported by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
(Sarah Carr is coordinator for the EBM Tools Network. Learn more about EBM tools and sign up for Network updates at www.ebmtools.org.)